Saturday, December 20, 2008

We Love Our Friends #2

Welcome back to We Love Our Friends, where we introduce you to awesome friends of ours. Up next - fine art photographer Jay Archibald!

Jay's photos are incredible psychedelic kaleidoscopic multiple-exposure masterpieces - check out his website to see more of his work. His twisted genius has inspired us for years, and he recently sat down w/ us for the following interview:

VV: What inspires you?
JA: My wife. Waking up in the morning. Reflections on water. Boobies. Trey. Great Wine. Haters. Hunter S. Thompson.

VV: Favorite original Nintendo game?
JA: I'm going w/ favorite over obscure - Super Mario Brothers.

VV: When did you get your first camera?
JA: When I was 16 I borrowed my dad's Olympus XA and took it to a dead show. The resulting photos turned out nice and a few years later I shot some photos using the same camera that ended up in the Pharmer's Almanac.

VV: What did you have for breakfast?
JA: Coffee bagel apple juice bubble-pollen

VV: Who was your hero at 10 years old?
JA: Daniel LaRusso (Ralph Maccio in the Karate Kid)

VV: Listen to any good music lately?
JA: Yes! People Under the Stairs (Stepfather and Fun D.M.C.)

VV: Automatic or manual?
JA: Manual until I'm too old to care.

VV: Favorite VV shirt?
JA: That is the deepest question yet. Sometimes I like to go old school with the classic "Tijuana, City of Tomorrow." Sometimes, however, it's my favorite vintage shirts from you guys that really shine. I once wore my smooth as silk vintage "If I can't dance I don't want to be a part of your revolution" shirt and 4 ladies bought me drinks in 1 NIGHT! It may have been the perm, or the stache, but if you ask me, it's a men's medium from VV.